Position: Registered Massage Therapist
Job Type: Part-Time to Full-Time
The position is available to start immediately.
Unified Health Community Triage Centers are busy multi-disciplinary health clinics located throughout HRM. We offer patients a variety of therapeutic options from traditional to alternative therapies to help achieve a healthy and active lifestyle.
We are looking for a Registered Massage Therapist to join our team of passionate health care professionals. We direct bill through Medavie Blue Cross, Telus Health Portal. A professional, hard-working and goal-oriented person is required to fill this role.
As a Massage Therapist, you will:
• Create and contribute to excellence in the client experience • Lead clients through individualized care plans – accurately assessing, communicating, and providing hands-on treatment to facilitate goal attainment for the client • Liaise with referral sources and funders to build relationships and ensure clients’ needs are met • Provide written reports, as required, ensuring all documentation is aligned with College and Unified Health standards • Contribute to the clinic team through collaboration, using good judgement and integrity in decision-making • Provide ongoing evaluation of client progress • Engage in continuous learning and skills development
Skills and Experience Required:
● Be a registered member in good standing with Colleges and Associations
● Independent, goal-oriented attitude
● Flexible, dedicated work-ethic
● Friendly and professional interpersonal skills
● Strong communications skills delivering concise, clear treatment planning to patients
● A passion for helping others and providing exceptional care to those seeking help
● Ability to work well with others and work in a team environment
● A caring and compassionate demeanor
● Previous experience working in a multi-disciplinary setting would be an asset
● Ability to see potential growth of Unified Health and be an advocate for advancement of a blended healthcare system
● Interest in ongoing education and implementation of upcoming advances in health care
We are looking for passionate individuals who share in the importance of our values: Caring, Patient-Centered, and Team Focused.
Please apply with resume and cover letter by email, firstname.lastname@example.org, (no faxes or phone calls please)