What do I need to become a member of MTANS?
The requirements to join MTANS include:
- graduate of a minimum 2200 hour program in massage therapy from a university, college or school, regulated or licensed by the respective educational authority of the province or territory of the institution.
- proof of up to date CPR and First Aid Certification
- a criminal records check
- annual dues (pro-rated for acceptance)
See form for the complete list of required documents: Application Forms
I am a member of an association outside of Nova Scotia. Can I transfer my membership to MTANS?
Membership is not transferable from association to association so applicants must follow our provincial entrance requirements (see above).
I don’t fit into the two categories above, but I still want to join.
Please note, a Credentialing and Prior Learning Assessment (CPLA) will be necessary for applicants to MTANS who meet one of the following criteria:
1. Graduated with less than a 2200-hour Diploma/Certificate in Massage Therapy
2. Were internationally educated
3. Have not practiced within the past 3 years.
See the .pdf below for more information on the CPLA.