- This event has passed.
Training the Chains
February 4 @ 1:00 pm - 5:30 pm$200 – $250
before January 5th 2018 $200 after January 5th 2018 $250
This course explores how we develop postural control by looking at key movement milestones in childhood like rolling, crawling and walking. These stages are used to inform how to correct postural and bio-mechanical dysfunctions in adults. You will learn how to use exercises (PODs – posture oriented drills) that target specific dysfunctional movements. You will be guiding movement and doing simple but effective exercise drills throughout the course. You will leave the course with a set of tools that you can apply immediately to your practice as a massage therapist, physiotherapist, personal trainer, yoga instructor etc. Use these drills to get clients stronger, out of pain and prevent injury by following the developmental stages sequentially, selecting specific drills, or even by using the drills to create a group ex class. Participants should wear comfortable, workout-type clothing.
* We will discuss how developmental milestones in childhood can allow us to re-earn our strength, prevent injury and get people stronger, faster.
* We will practice ways to cue clients through these drills and modifications.
* Everyone will have to opportunity to feel these drills in their own body, and realize how the drills themselves can become an assessment tool.
* We will discuss how the drills relate to dysfunctions in movement planes so that those who have taken “Posture & Kinetic Chains” will easily be able to select appropriate complimentary drills to match their assessment findings.
This workshop is appropriate for therapists and movement professionals – massage therapists, yoga instructors, personal trainers, etc.
before January 5th 2018 $200
after January 5th 2018 $250
* Sign up for this course and the course offered on Saturday (Posture & Kinetic Chains) for $375 (before Jan 5th), $450 (after Jan 5th)
Payments should be made via PayPal or etransfer to email@example.com Please include your full name, as you would like it to appear on a certificate, with your payment.