Posture & Kinetic Chains
February 3 @ 1:00 pm - 5:30 pm
before January 5th 2018 $200
after January 5th 2018 $250
* Sign up for this course and the course offered on Sunday (Training the Chains – applying movement drills to correcting dysfunction in the kinetic chains) for $375 (before Jan 5th), $450 (after Jan 5th) Payments should be made via PayPal or etransfer to email@example.com Please include your full name, as you would like it to appear on a certificate, with your payment.
Postural Assessment is a common tool used to identify indication for treatment, and fitness programming. It does, however, only offer us a snapshot of what is happening in a persons body. In this workshop, you will learn how to turn this static assessment into something that is functional. You don’t need to stop doing postural assessment, you just need a few techniques to make your posture findings more applicable to the way people move.
* We will link common postural findings to more dynamic assessment protocols so that you can better develop a picture of how a persons body functions.
* We will discuss the 5 kinetic chains and how they influence posture and movement.
* We will practice ways to assess these kinetic chains, and identify how our findings affect treatment/exercise planning and techniques.
* Everyone will complete a full assessment of the 5 kinetic chains, implement a technique to correct the findings and re-assess.
This workshop is appropriate for therapists and movement professionals – massage therapists, yoga instructors, personal trainers, etc.