Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) for Massage Therapists and Healthcare Workers
February 23 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm$100.00
Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) for Massage Therapists and Healthcare Workers
This one-day course of instruction is offered through Dragonfly Release.
Tel: 902 471 5059
Or contact Dragonfly Release for Special Group Bookings!
Location: Canadian College of Massage & Hydrotherapy, Halifax
Cost: $100 inc HST
Primary CEU: MTWPAM (5), MTANS (3.5)
Are you safe in your workplace? This course (endorsed by the NSWCB), provides knowledge and skills needed to clearly understand your responsibilities to each other, the public and your employers regarding OHS in a Massage Therapy based or clinical environment. The goal is to ensure that both the therapist and their patients (the public) are similarly protected.
SO, HOW SAFE ARE YOU? Come and find out….
• To demonstrate knowledge and skills relevant to Occupational Health & Safety within a Massage Therapy environment
• To understand your rights, as a Practitioner, within the workplace
• To understand WHMIS as related to a Massage Therapy environment
• To recognise and acknowledge your responsibilities as an individual regarding Health & Safety in the workplace
• To acknowledge and understand the CMTO guidelines on Infection Control within a Massage Therapy clinical environment
Practical demonstrations will be conducted, together with a handy manual outlining a number of techniques and methods, which is yours to keep!!
Please note a full non-refundable/transferrable payment is required
to secure your place on this course, payable by etransfer to the above email